💙☯️A useful consideration, often overlooked by many people, is that areas of pain, soreness, and tension in the body are often not the only areas & muscles that are involved or necessarily the main cause of the issues. Sometimes, not always.
For instance, someone may be experiencing tension and discomfort in their neck and upper back, and expect that massage just in those sore areas to resolve the issue.
Yet that tension & discomfort may be related to other issues as well, such as weak or excessively tight gluteus medius or adductor muscles on one side of the hip or inner thigh causing the hip to tilt laterally to one side more.
Which the rhomboids, traps, upper body compensate for by contracting or slightly rotating to the other side while neck muscles tighten on one side to try to keep the head & eyes level.
Or pain & tension in lower & upper back & neck can be caused by the common forward rounding of shoulders, contraction of pectoral - chest & anterior shoulder muscles, and pulling the rhomboids ( which may also be weak & need strengthening ), trapezius & some other muscles into an overly extended, stressed state. That creates a forward tiling, off-balance alignment which will cause tension and discomfort in the back and neck, possibly headaches, shoulder impingement and other issues.
Opening & releasing the anterior torso, chest, and shoulders to help allow the body to release back into a more optimum balanced alignment of upper body through hips, legs and feet, will be far more effective than just massaging the back & neck alone.
The body, our muscles, fascia, bones, attitudes, habits, lifestyle, whether we are overweight or maintaining a healthfully trim, physically fit body, hydration, our attitudes ( shaming & negatively projecting or appreciative ) we have toward the natural body & people, whether or not we own our equal individual responsibility for proactively & responsively directly stating any boundaries preferences and feelings we have before expecting to have such understood & equally respected, our alignment as we move, stand, sit & sleep, are all interconnected.
Contributing to our health, how we feel, our discomfort or comfort in our body and mobility, relational experiences, and harmony with ourselves, each other, and life in general.
In Home Massage Sessions.
I bring my massage chair or table, massage oil & caring skill to provide you with quality, relaxing & fitness complimentary massage sessions in the convenience of your own home. Generally in home massage sessions are available between 11am - 10pm every day.
Benefits of in-home massage sessions include -
* Compliments healthy fitness & lifestyle choices. * Convenience of massage at your home. * Athletic performance enhancement. * Calm embodiment. * Muscularly, mentally & emotionally relaxing & nurturing. * Improves lymph flow. * Rejuvenating. * Supports creative energy flow. * Grounding. * Quiets mind. * Supports homeostasis. * Nourishing ones embodying awareness and yin - yang harmony. * Reconnecting to natural life rhythms.
E-mail me, call or text me at (510)435-1263 to schedule in home massage session(s). Rate is $90 per hour, plus on-site fee dependent on location.
Leave your full first and last name, clarification of why you are calling and what days & times you are wanting to schedule massage(s), when leaving a voicemail or sending emails or texts.
Chair massages at my San Rafael office - Clothed chair massages are also available at my San Rafael office. 10 - 30 minutes per chair massage session. Generally 10am - 10pm every day by appointment. And drop-in when available - appointments are recommended.
Chair massages rates at my San Rafael office and your business & events, are -
Massage sessions have many benefits. People need not be in pain or have specific physical injuries, pain, etc., to benefit from receiving massage sessions. As the deep relaxation, calming, stress relieving, nurturing, and physical - athletic ability-enhancing benefits of receiving massages are received even when not in pain or having specific issues. Especially when included regularly as part of wellness self-care choices along with exercising consistently, maintaining a healthy trim weight, hydrating sufficiently, having a healthy work-relaxation balance in life.
When massages are received to assist in recovering from injuries, chronic or acute pain, mobility restrictions, and other physical ailments, many times massage sessions are quite beneficial to the process of healing, regaining functional physical abilities, reducing or eliminating pain & excess tension, facilitating healthy range of motion, etc..
Even the general calming, relaxing qualities of receiving massages helps to calm the nervous system, release endorphins, reduce pain & stress symptoms. Usually after receiving massages from me, people mention feeling a noticeable reduction or even elimination of pain, discomfort, excess muscular tightness and stress they were experiencing before their massages. And feeling refreshingly relaxed, nurtured and more present in their body when they appreciate receiving.
It is also important to be honest & realistic in our expectations for massage sessions. As there are often many factors contributing to individuals' specific symptoms of pain, stress, injuries, discomfort, muscular issues, and other physical ailments they want to be resolved. Massage by itself is, of course, not a cure-all for everything. Anyone who claims it is , or should be able to resolve any physical issue and that people's choices of daily living, activities, level of physical fitness, etc have no effect in the process, is being dishonest.
Equally relative as receiving massage sessions are, to whether and how fully we are healthy, recover from injuries and postural issues, are pain-free, release stress & feel comfortable and have good physical abilities, are the choices we make in our day to day lives.
A few factors that will impede or prevent massages from being as effective as they can be, include :
- Continuing to do activities & use postures which are damaging to ones body. Sitting for hours a day without getting up to stretch and move every couple hours, especially year after year. Putting the body into off balance, straining positions on a frequent basis. Frequently shifting weight to one side such as standing or sitting tilted to one leg or hip. Jutting the head forward or tilting head to one side chronically.
- Being overweight. Excess weight beyond a healthfully trim physical fitness, puts the spine, joints, muscles, cardiovascular & other organ systems under damaging stress. Causing or contributing to degeneration & damage of the spine & joints, pain, arthritis, cardiac disease, reduced lymph flow, fatigue, reduces ability to access & massage muscles, and other health issues.
- Expecting massages to cure all issues, or any issue even in just one or two visits. Especially if the issue is chronic or severe.
- Not self-responsibly directly honestly communicating one's specific issues, expectations, boundaries, feelings, preferences, lifestyle habits, and relative factors before, during and after massage sessions. Massage sessions are a relational process which, in order to be as effective as possible & to receive according to one's preferences & comfort, equally requires clear, honest open communication from massage clientele about ones related issues, personal preferences & boundaries during massages, symptoms, etc.. Individuals are of course widely diverse in how each person chooses to interpret, appreciate and thereby feel about & appreciate aspects of massages such as depth of pressure, how much or little talking during sessions, preference for how much or little draping and what areas of the body are included, duration of sessions, types of massage methods, etc..
A few factors that will support massages from being as effective as they can be, include :
- Exercising consistently. Especially types of exercises that are healthy for the joints, and provide a balance of strengthening and stretching and meditative calming qualities.
- Being a healthfully trim weight, physically slender, toned & fit. This keeps the body healthy, able to recover from injuries quicker and more fully, agile, and feeling good in one's body. It also allows for clearer, effective palpation, sensing and massaging of bony landmarks, muscles and fascia of the body during massages.
- Not smoking, using hard drugs or drinking alcohol often. This keeps the body cleaner, more resilient, supports a healthy immune system, and reduces inflammation risks.
- Communicating self-responsibly, proactively & responsively directly openly honestly with me generally. And about any relative issues, medical & injury issues, boundaries & preferences relative to massages, lifestyle habits, symptoms, and other related factors. As this helps co-create mutual clarity & giving of massage sessions according to one's specific individual needs, preferences and comfort.
- Creating time to receive massages on a frequent, consistent basis from me. This allows for the development of deepening clarity about your specific issues, what is helpful during massages & generally, supports harmonious rapport ( combined with appreciation and open honest communication referred to above ), and increases the cumulative benefits of massage sessions. Among additional benefits.